Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Riots in Paris


Well, I just read another article about problems in Paris over this law to allow companies to fire young people. I think that it is quite unfortunate that the youth of the country have grown up believing that the government's job is to provide them income. Also, they have been taught how evil capitalism is.

I read a couple of quotes in this article that appear to me to be big problems with solving this problem:

"...while many wore stickers stating: 'One solution: revolution against global capitalism'."

and

"But unions have vowed to resist overtures for talks unless the conservatives pledge to scrap the CPE and start anew on ways to tackle chronic youth joblessness stuck at 22 percent."

I guess when you oppose capitalism it may be hard to understand but if you would take an unbias look at economic fact you will find that it will very difficult to fix the joblessness problem without freeing the hands of business some. I think that France is in for a long hard fight unless the citizens begin to understand the root of the problem.

No comments: